Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Heavy is the Head

Morning everyone,
I thought I'd start out the day reflecting on what it means to be in charge. I know there are a lot of people out there who have many issues with their boss. I know there are a lot of people who think their boss is just some jerk who has no idea of what they're doing. You know what that is?

Your cowardice, plain and simple.

It's been my experience that all critics tend to be scared shitless when it comes to stepping out of the shadows and actually doing something to either fix a problem or heaven forbid, improve a situation. It's almost as if they're back in High School trying to get something over on their teacher if only to prove that they can outsmart the one person in the room who is trying to help them. Does anyone else find that logic asinine?

Let me break it down this way:
If you think your boss is an idiot. Perhaps they are but they're still smarter than you.


Your boss acts like they know everything. They know more than you.


Your boss can be a mean jerk. If they get crabby maybe it's because they have the weight of the business on their shoulders and you don't.


I bring this up it's because I think subjects like hese needs to be addressed. Topics left unsaid tend to fester and rot in the workplace. It might not feel good to bring up but sometimes you have to remind the staff that they should try to see things from your point of view from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment